This is the 4th article in a series of Tips and Suggestions for Brides to help you prepare for your Big Day. To read more, click http://blog.robertcharlesphotography.com/index/view-post/id/40
In over 25 years of photographing Weddings, I've met a variety of different Brides.
Some are very Sanguine, effervescent, and exude an "Energizer Bunny" level of non-stop energy. Others are more reserved, with a quiter spirit.
Still others who are very "left-brained" and approach their big day with a meticulous precission, orchestrating and finessing the finest nuanced details in order to create the "perfect" day. If you find yourself identifying with this third group of Brides, read-on: This instalment is for you!
If you relish overseeing every aspect of your Wedding Day, because you want to make sure every "t" is crossed and every "i" is dotted, you are in a special class of Brides. You've probably discussed ad infinitum every possiblity and contingency which may arise - and have back-up plans for your back-up plans. You've also probably arrived at your first Wedding Photography consultation with a fully tabulated notebook, replete with questions, lists, and pictures you've cut out from your favorite wedding magazines.
If any of this sounds familiar, let me give you a piece of advice which will make your Wedding Day everything you dreamed it would be: Wedding Tips and Suggestions #14: On your Wedding Day, Delegate the oversight of the details to a trusted friend.
Why? On your Wedding Day, you need to "change hats" from that of "Wedding Planner" to that of "Bride".
Sure, by the end of the day you may have a check mark next to every single item on the Wedding Day Checklist that you've created. And sure, you may ultimately arrive at the end of the day, with a well-deserved smile of satisfaction, knowing you "pulled-off" the biggest, most complicated day you've ever planned without a hitch. But, if you do, you will not have enjoyed the day as a Bride!
Here are few suggestions in bullet point:
- - Hire only Vendors and trusted Professionals to be on your Wedding Day "team"
- - Because they are Professionals, loosen the reigns - and allow them to surpass your expectations!
- - Delegate - to a trusted friend - the responsibility of making sure everything on your Final Check List will be taken care of
- - Find a friend or relative who will be willing to act as "go-for" on your Wedding Day - to run errands when needed, etc
- - And here's the most important suggestion of all: On the morning of your Wedding Day, shift gears from "Wedding Planner" to "Bride", knowing that you've done a great job planning your Wedding!
- - Then enjoy - truly enjoy - you Wedding Day!
You've done all the planning ... now enjoy your Wedding Day!
We've been helping to plan weddings for over 25 years. Give us a call! We're here to help.
Studio: 517-394-2192 or Direct to Cell: 517-285-3688
Until next time!
Categorized In: grand rapids wedding photographers | michigan wedding photographer | ourdoor wedding photography | wedding hints | wedding photography lansing michigan | wedding tips | wedding tips and suggestions